Every now and then I like to channel my inner geek and delve into some of the site statistics which WordPress kindly provides me concerning this blog. This helps me to better understand who is visiting, where they’re from, and what they find interesting.
On a daily basis I usually check on how many visitors have stopped by, and I also take note of which posts they took the time to read, like or comment on. [By the way, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for taking that time to read, like, comment or share to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. It means more to me than you’ll ever know.]
On occasion I dive deeper into other interesting stats, like what links they clicked on (inside of the posts), and how they found my site in the first place.
When they find me through Google, I can then dive into the specific search terms that caused Google to direct them to my blog.
You could call many of those search terms entertaining. And many of them leave me feeling like this…
And then there are those which cause me to spew my water [coffee/ wine/ tequila… whatever I’m drinking at the time] out of my nose and mouth as I snort and choke on my sudden laughter.
Those make my life. And I’m so delighted that Google shares them with me. 🙂
I’m sharing a small sampling of the non-offensive (but still quite entertaining) ones with you in today’s post. In all cases the search term is presented to you exactly as it was typed by the individual doing the search (including any spelling errors). The [comments which follow] are all mine.
- my laptop screen sweats [Wow…really? Better get that looked at. Seriously. Call the experts!]
- running sucks [I can TOTALLY relate. Welcome friend.]
- sweating after eating coconut [I really hope this person got to either a medical site or saw a real doctor. Methinks they may have a severe food allergy.]
- thanks for sweating my morning [Umm…?]
- that was the truth [Yay! So glad that search term resulted in my blog!]
- sweats pouring down face and not going wee [Oh my… Not going wee isn’t an issue for me. After two 9-lb babies /natural childbirth. I go wee all the damned time.]
- where can I buy coronarita glasses [I haven’t the foggiest idea. But if you find them, can you come back and leave a comment letting me know? I’d love some! Coolest drink ever!
- how to expose a control freak [Control freak? Me?? No comment.]
- only big azz for me!!! [Listen, I will own my shit and I’ve tried to be as truthful and vulnerable as I can on this blog. I hated my belly (upper and lower abdominal area all generally sucked) but I always thought my ass was pretty good for a chubby chick. I take offense that Google would send a “big azz” lover my way. Screw you Google!]
- too many carbs bad sweat [See comment above to sweaty coconut eater.]
- why do I sweat so much when I do Tai Chi [Are you doing it outdoors in the summer? I’m no doctor, but that could be it.]
- hairy big sleeping [I don’t even want to know how this resulted in a referral to my blog.]
- my friend stole my gears [Maybe your friend needed the gears more than you did?… I dunno. At a loss. I’m not sure I’ve ever even used the word ‘gears’ on this blog.]
- yogurt makes me sweat [See comment above to sweaty coconut eater and carb-aholic.]
- princess of sweat [HELLZ YEAH!!! I’ve been secretly wishing someone would give me a cool-ass nickname. Behold…I am the Princess of Sweat!]
Just one more reason I love this blog. It gives back so much more than I put in. 🙂
I hope this silliness made you smile half as much as reading them the first time made me smile.
p.s. Are you following my blog yet? It’s super easy peasy. Just click the subscribe link on the home page and you’ll get automated emails each time a new post goes up! Or if you’re a twitter person, just follow me @nancytex. Lastly, if Facebook is more your cuppa tea, just like my page. Whichever you choose, you’ll be notified right away whenever I share a new post. xoxo